TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Tours are subject to a 48 hour cancellation policy. (some exceptions apply). No refunds will be provided within 48 hours of tour time. Ticket sales are non refundable. Group and accommodation bookings have custom policies. For a full list of terms and conditions, click here.
By receiving this email confirmation, all participants agree to the cancellation policies and terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to cancel due to bad weather, insufficient numbers or for any reason. Prices are subject to change without notice. A release of liability must be signed prior to any activity. Please refer to the booking confirmation for specific weight and age restrictions for your tour. Banff Adventures Unlimited & Hydra River Guides cannot be held liable for any injuries, losses or damages in any such way.
1.5 hour guided Voyageur Canoe Tour.
You must meet at the Banff Canoe Club Docks (Located on the corner of Wolf St and Bow Ave). All guests are required to sign a liability waiver. Tours are weather dependant, however do operate in light rain.
Remember comfortable clothing and a warm layer as you can experience unpredictable mountain weather changes. Sunglasses and Sunscreen are recommended. Don't forget your camera!
Banff Canoe Club – 223 Bow Ave, Banff
Walking directions from Downtown Banff
- Head West (toward river) on Wolf St to the very end
- Parking is located on the corner of Wolf St and Bow Ave
- Head West on Highway 1 towards Banff, AB
- Take Mt. Norquay Exit into Banff (2nd Exit)
- Turn left off the on-ramp and go straight towards town
- At the first set of traffic lights (past hospital), turn right onto Wolf St
- Follow Wolf St to the end, free parking is located at the corner of Wolf St and Bow Ave
- Canoe Docks are located along the river
- 16 min open air chairlift ride (8 min up, 8 min down).
- Viewing boardwalk and sightseeing platform.
- Cliff House Bistro Rooftop Patio with snacks and meals. Craft brews and wines served (seasonal).
- Via Ferrata Guided Mountaineering - cabled mountain climbing (optional extra).
Chairlift Operating Hours:
9 June - 9 September: 9:00am - 6:30pm
10 September - 8 October: 10am - 6:30pm
Remember to bring:
- Warm clothes - dress for the weather
- Remember your camera!
- Maximum weight is 250lbs.
- Kids under 12 must be accompanied by an adult on the chairlift.
- The minimum age is 2 years.
Leave your car at the hotel or campground and allow us to bring you up the Norquay access road. Buses run hourly from Banff with pickups at major hotels. View the bus schedule here.
Getting Here by Car:
- Leave Banff via Lynx Street, connecting onto Mt Norquay Road.
- Cross over the TransCanada, Highway 1, continuing up the road for 5 minutes along the switchbacks.
- Pass the main car park on your right, making your way up the road another 300 meters before arriving at North American Lodge.