TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Tours are subject to a 48 hour cancellation policy. (some exceptions apply). No refunds will be provided within 48 hours of tour time.Ticket sales are non refundable. Group and accommodation bookings have custom policies. For a full list of terms and conditions, click here. By receiving this email confirmation, all participants agree to the cancellation policies and terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to cancel due to bad weather, insufficient numbers or for any reason. Prices are subject to change without notice. A release of liability must be signed prior to any activity. Please refer to the booking confirmation for specific weight and age restrictions for your tour. Banff Adventures Unlimited & Hydra River Guides cannot be held liable for any injuries, losses or damages in any such way.
Tour Duration: 2.5 hours
Walking Time: 1.5 - 2 hours
Return Distance: 2.2km (1.4 miles)
Elevation Gain: 65m (213 feet)
Itinerary and Highlights:
- Bow Valley Parkway: Travel through prime wildlife habitat on the way to the trailhead.
- Walk along the steel walkways built into the Johnston Canyon walls to get an airy view of the gorge below.
- Lower Falls: Walk through a natural cave feature for a unique view of the lower falls.
- Rockies geology: The rock is ancient, the creek is old, and the canyon you are walking in is young. Sort out the mystery on your tour.
- Ice cleats and hiking poles
- Maple cookie snack, hot chocolate
- Complimentary souvenir headlamp (valued at $15.00)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Small group size. *Please note that this tour is operating as a small group public tour, masks are mandatory for all guests and guides.
- Dress in warm layers as this activity occurs outside and you can experience unpredictable mountain weather changes. Thermals/base layers/long johns are recommended and snowpants are mandatory if the temperature is below -16C.
- Sturdy warm shoes, ideally winter boots or hiking boots. They do not have to be waterproof, but they must be warm. No heels, ugg boots, flip flops or sandals.
- A water bottle.
- Don't forget your camera!
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18.
- Please note our tours require a minimum of 4 participants.