TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Tours are subject to a 48 hour cancellation policy. (some exceptions apply). No refunds will be provided within 48 hours of tour time.Ticket sales are non refundable. Group and accommodation bookings have custom policies. For a full list of terms and conditions, click here. By receiving this email confirmation, all participants agree to the cancellation policies and terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to cancel due to bad weather, insufficient numbers or for any reason. Prices are subject to change without notice. A release of liability must be signed prior to any activity. Please refer to the booking confirmation for specific weight and age restrictions for your tour. Banff Adventures Unlimited & Hydra River Guides cannot be held liable for any injuries, losses or damages in any such way.
Walking Time: 2 - 2.5 hours
Return Distance: 4.2km (2.6 miles)
Elevation Gain: 100m (328 feet)
Itinerary and Highlights:
- A stunted forest: Why are the trees so small and oddly shaped?
- Grotto Creek: You will walk on the frozen creek bed winding through the narrow gorge.
- Rockies geology: Witness ancient ocean floors around you, the result of mountain building processes.
- Pictographs: 1,500 year old clues linking native culture in Canada to distant areas in the South West of the United States.
- Icefalls: Get close to icefalls seeping from the cliff face, and if lucky watch ice climbers performing their craft.
- Ice cleats & hiking poles
- Maple cookie snack, hot chocolate
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Small group size. *Please note this tour is operating as a small group public tour, masks are mandatory for all guests and guides.
- Thermals/base layers/long johns.
- Snow pants are recommended for this tour and are mandatory if it is below -16C (3F).
- A warm sweater.
- A warm jacket.
- A hat and mitts.
- A neck warmer or scarf.
- Sturdy warm shoes, ideally winter boots or hiking boots. They do not have to be waterproof, but they must be warm. No heels, ugg boots, flip flops or sandals. If you do not have warm shoes, please contact our Reservations Team.
- A water bottle.
- Don't forget your camera!
- Minimum age for this tour is 8 years.
- Children aged 15 and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour. A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18.